Border Ranges National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rosewood loop.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Rosewood loop is in the Sheepstation Creek precinct of Border Ranges National Park. To get there:
- From Lismore, head north-west and follow signs to Kyogle for approximately 40km.
- From Kyogle, follow the Murwillumbah road for 30km north to Barkers Vale.
- Enter the eastern precinct of the park along the Tweed Range Scenic Drive
- Follow the signs to Sheepstation Creek campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Rosewood loop can become boggy when it rains
Parking is available at Sheepstation creek campground.
Best times to visit
Watching the sunrise from Pinnacle lookout offers the best views of the crater escarpment, Wollumbin-Mount Warning and the coast. You're bound to find it a breathtaking experience.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 30°C
8°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system at entry. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass