Rocket Point lookout track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rocket Point lookout track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Rocket Point lookout is at Wentworth Falls, in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Drive along Great Western Highway to Wentworth Falls
- Turn on to Falls Road at the traffic lights and follow to the end, where you'll reach the Wentworth Falls picnic area carpark.
- The walk begins 300m along the sealed road from the carpark, and incorporates Wentworth Falls track.
Park entry points
- Wentworth Falls carpark See on map
- Parking is available at Wentworth Falls picnic area, including several designated disabled spots.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- Bus parking is available
Toilets, picnic facilities and a kiosk are located at Wentworth Falls picnic area.
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785