Applies from Sat 9 Apr 2022, 1.03pm. Last reviewed: Wed 29 Mar 2023, 4.08pm
Closed areas: Parts of Blue Mountains National Park closed
Many walking tracks, roads and fire trails within Blue Mountains National Park remain closed following sustained wet weather causing subsidence hazards, major landslides or infrastructure upgrades.
The following areas are closed:
Katoomba and Leura
- Honeymoon Bridge is closed due to rockfall risk.
- Honeymoon Point lookout is closed due to upgrade works.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Talawalla lookout and Solitary restaurant is closed on Thursday 30 March for a helicopter operation.
- Fern Bower, Amphitheatre track, Leura Forest and Dardanelles Pass are closed on Thursday 30 March for a helicopter operation.
- Federal Pass between Leura Forest and Dardanelles Pass junction below the Three Sisters is closed on Thursday 30 March for a helicopter operation.
- Lila Falls track, between Fern Bower/Amphitheatre junction and Lindeman Pass junction is closed from Wednesday 15 March 2023 until further notice, due to track maintenance.
- Lone Lyrebird track is closed between Gordon Road and the War Memorial, due to subsidence. Detour is in place.
- Lyrebird Dell walking track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Prince Henry Cliff walk is closed between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Lady Darley track is closed due to track maintenance.
- Glenraphael Drive is closed due to major subsidence. Narrow Neck, Ruined Castle and Golden Stairs are accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from Narrow Neck lookout on Cliff Drive.
- Mount Solitary Route and Ruined Castle campground are closed due to subsidence.
- Tallawalla lookout is closed for upgrade works.
- Part of Lindeman Pass is closed due to a major landslide below Gladstone lookout.
- Conservation Hut is closed for renovations due to open late 2023.
- Valley of the Waters track is closed below Sylvia Falls. There is no access to Roberts Pass, Vera Falls, Hippocrene Falls or Wentworth Falls from Valley of the Waters.
- Queen Victoria and Empress lookouts are closed from Monday 30 January 2023 until further notice, for upgrade works.
- Charles Darwin walk is closed where it traverses council-managed land due to upgrades. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- National Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Wentworth Pass is closed due to landslide.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the western end. You can walk in to Ingar campground via Andersons or Bedford Roads.
- The track connecting Rocket Point loop to Chester and Little Switzerland trails will be closed intermittently until Friday 24 March 2023 due to track works.
- The trail connecting Jamison Creek to Chester Road will be closed intermittently until Friday 24 March 2023 due to track works.
- Kedumba Valley Road will be closed to all vehicles and pedestrians from Monday 27 March until Tuesday 4th April 2023 to allow for rock and tree removal. Pedestrian access to Kedumba Valley is available via the lower end of Federal Pass walking track.
Blackheath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line of Road
- Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area are closed for major upgrade work (opening April 2023).
- Govetts Creek access routes including Horse track, Govetts Leap Descent and Rodriguez Pass (Bridal Veil Falls) are closed due to landslides.
- Pulpit walking track is closed from Cripps lookout to Pulpit Rock lookout. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for further information.
- Perrys Lookdown campground is closed.
- Horse track and Rodriguez Pass are closed due to rock falls and landslides. Entry is not permitted due to serious risk of injury or death. Entry is not permitted into the Grose Valley from Govetts Leap, Evans lookout, Grand Canyon track, or South of Acacia Flat.
- The Mount Banks area including the picnic area and Summit walking track will be closed to all vehicles and pedestrians from Monday 20 March 2023 until Friday 21 April 2023 to allow for road repairs.
Woodford, Lawson, Springwood
Empire Pass is closed for track maintenance.
Canyons and rock climbing
Climbing and canyoning areas in the Blue Mountains are open unless the access road is closed or the site is listed in this alert.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the local office.