Riverview walking track
Morton National Park
Riverview walking track offers a short but scenic tour of one of the Bundanoon Gullies, with opportunities for birdwatching and picnicking along the way.
- Morton National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- 1km one-way
- Time suggested
- 20 - 40min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Bundanoon precinct of Morton National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
This gentle walk along the plateau gives a terrific taste of the famous Bundanoon Gullies. Starting at Riverview lookout and picnic area, follow the flat track as it threads through native trees and open grassland. The track then descends into Ferntree Gully, a cool retreat that lives up to its name, with numerous ferns and spring wildflowers like purple geebungs and prickly hakeas.
The track ascends out of the gully and finishes at the amphitheatre carpark, but it’s easy to retrace your steps from there, perhaps taking time on the return trip to appreciate the many native birds in the area – Ferntree Gully is terrific for birdwatching. Once you’ve taken in the view at Riverview lookout, settle down for a picnic lunch, or consider connecting the track with several others in the area to make up a full afternoon of walking. Nicholas Pass walking track is particularly good, and connects with Riverview walking track at the amphitheatre.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass
Things to do (22)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (3)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Sightseeing (15)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (10)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)