Rayners walking track
Mount Jerusalem National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rayners walking track.
Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Rayners walking track is in the Koonyum Range area of Mount Jerusalem National Park.
To get there from Mullumbimby:
- Drive south on Jubilee Avenue.
- Continue straight on Coolamon Scenic Drive for about 1 km.
- Turn right onto Wilsons Creek Road and drive for 5.1km.
- Turn right onto Koonyum Range Road and drive for 2.6km.
- After entering the park, continue on Koonyum Range Road for a further 2.3km.
- Rayners walking track trailhead is on your right.
Koonyum Range Road is a dry weather road. Driving this road after heavy rain is not recommended.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Limited parking is available on the side of Koonyum Range Road.
Best times to visit
Autumn's a great time to visit as you escape the heat of summer and avoid the chill of winter.
If you're interested in wildflowers, visit in spring to see them bloom and add patches of colour throughout the forest.
- There are no bins so you'll need to take all rubbish away with you.
- Be sure to bring your own drinking water because none is available in Mount Jerusalem National park.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Mountain biking is permitted on this track and some nearby management trails.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.