Rainforest loop walk
Budderoo National Park
Ideal for walking with children, the beautiful Rainforest loop walk takes an hour to complete. It’s located within Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park.
- Budderoo National Park
- 1.6km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- You can access The Falls walk from the Rainforest loop walk – allow an extra hour if you’d like to complete the Rainforest loop and The Falls walk.
- Please remain on the walkway and paved tracks at all times
- There is no river access – this ensures pristine water quality for the park's aquatic life and downstream residents.
- While the walk is shaded, it’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and to wear a hat and take plenty of drinking water.
Meander through rich, remnant rainforest teeming with diversity on the beautiful Rainforest loop walk in Minnamurra Rainforest Centre. It's an idealy shady escape in summer. You’ll have a bird’s eye view over this primeval world as you wander the elevated walkway.
This easy, hour-long walk includes suspension bridges, viewing platforms and interpretive signs along the way. It’s a huge hit with kids, but the tranquil beauty of the subtropical, dry, riparian and temperate rainforest on display will appeal to all.
You’ll be impressed by the sheer variety of flora in this fragile ecosystem. Look out for bird’s nest ferns, strangler figs and colourful orchids.
The first 500m of this track, from Minnamurra Rainforest Centre to the second suspension bridge, is suitable for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
If you’ve got the time and you’re keen to see more, why not add The Falls walk to your loop for a truly spectacular rainforest walking experience?
The visitor centre building in Budderoo National Park is closed until July 2020 for external and internal renovations. Other areas within the Minnamurra Rainforest Centre precinct remain open. Our friendly staff are located at nearby Lyrebird Cafe.
Minnamurra Rainforest picnic area is in Budderoo National Park, near Kiama. This peaceful riverside spot is the perfect place to stop for lunch when you explore Minnamurra Rainforest.
Relax after a rainforest walk with a meal or a coffee at the Lyrebird Cafe, beside the Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park.
Starting at the Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, enjoy spectacular rainforest, waterfall and canyon views from several viewing platforms along The Falls walk.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4236 0469
- 345 Minnamurra Falls Road, Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass