Lyrebird loop walk
Budderoo National Park
Ideal for walking with children, the beautiful Lyrebird loop walk takes an hour to complete. It’s located within Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park.
- Budderoo National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- 1.6km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- 9am to 5pm daily. Last access 4pm.
- Please note
- You can access Minnamurra Falls walk from the Lyrebird loop walk – allow an extra hour if you'd like to complete the Lyrebird loop and Minnamurra Falls walk.
- Please remain on the walkway and paved tracks at all times
- There is no river access – this ensures pristine water quality for the park's aquatic life and downstream residents.
- While the walk is shaded, it’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and to wear a hat and take plenty of drinking water.
Meander through rich, remnant rainforest teeming with diversity on the Lyrebird loop walk in Minnamurra Rainforest Centre. You’ll have a bird’s eye view over this primeval world as you wander the elevated walkway.
This easy, hour-long walk includes suspension bridges, viewing platforms and interpretive signs along the way. It’s a huge hit with kids, but the tranquil beauty of the subtropical, dry, riparian and temperate rainforest on display will appeal to all.
You’ll be impressed by the sheer variety of flora in this fragile ecosystem. Look out for bird’s nest ferns, strangler figs and colourful orchids.
If you’ve got the time and you’re keen to see more, why not add Minnamurra Falls walk to your loop for a truly spectacular rainforest walking experience?
Tours and events at this location
Minnamurra Rainforest by torchlight
Go on a family-friendly after-hours guided tour in Budderoo National Park these school holidays. See Minnamurra Rainforest by night on this unforgettable adventure, inland from Kiama on the South Coast.
Minnamurra Rainforest self-guided audio tours
Immerse yourself in the sounds, plants, birdlife and history of Minnamurra Rainforest with this series of self-guided audio tours. Download and enjoy as you stroll along Lyrebird loop walk.
Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Visit Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park and chat to the friendly staff before exploring the rainforest along raised boardwalks.
Minnamurra Rainforest picnic area
Minnamurra Rainforest picnic area is in Budderoo National Park, near Kiama. This peaceful riverside spot is the perfect place to stop for lunch when you explore Minnamurra Rainforest.
Minnamurra Falls walk
Starting at the Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, enjoy spectacular rainforest, waterfall and canyon views from several viewing platforms along Minnamurra Falls walk.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Minnamurra self-guided audio tours
Bring the sights, sounds and stories of Minnamurra Rainforest to life with NSW National Parks' collection of geo-located self-guided audio tours.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4236 0469
- 345 Minnamurra Falls Road, Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass
Things to do (26)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (16)
- Visitor centres (3)
- Walking (14)
- Waterfalls (11)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)