Minnamurra Rainforest self-guided audio tours
Budderoo National Park
Immerse yourself in the sounds, plants, birdlife and history of Minnamurra Rainforest with this series of self-guided audio tours. Download and enjoy as you stroll along Lyrebird loop walk.
- 1.6km loop
- Time suggested
- 0.75 - 1 hr
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Mobile phone, headphones
Minnamurra Rainforest, in Budderoo National Park, is the most southern subtropical rainforest on Australia’s east coast. Make the most of your visit with this collection of self guided audio tours that can be enjoyed along Lyrebird loop walk.
Whether you're keen to identify the birdlife and bird calls, spot different rainforest plants, or learn about this area's fascinating history, these tours bring the sights, sounds and stories of the rainforest to life.
Choose from 3 different audio tours
- Birds of Minnamurra: Discover the bird species, their unique behaviour and distinctive calls, that you’re likely to see and hear along the walk, with ecologist David Bain.
- Plants of Minnamurra: Join botanist Jedda Lemmon for a self-guided tour focusing on the plants of the Illawarra’s delicate subtropical rainforest ecosystem.
- Walk with a ranger: Take a journey with NSW National Parks ranger, Jennifer Bean, who will share her expert knowledge of this unique environment, its history and how it’s cared for today.
These self-guided audio tours take place on a Grade 3 walking track. Allow 45mins to 1 hour to complete the 1.6km walk. Each self-guided tour has 10-12 stops and includes a map, photos, descriptions and audio.
How to play the audio tours
Download the free NSW National Parks (NPWS) Self-guided tours mobile app before you arrive, or at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre (limited connectivity).
- All 3 tours begin at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
- You'll need mobile reception to download the self-guided tours app, but you can then play these audio tours offline.
- Select the tour you want to listen to and press the start button as you set off along Lyrebird loop walk.
- The geo-located audio tour will play automatically as you arrive at several stops along the walk, allowing you to enjoy the tour at your own pace. Or, you can play each audio stop tour manually.
Visit Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park and chat to the friendly staff before exploring the rainforest along raised boardwalks.
Ideal for walking with children, the beautiful Lyrebird loop walk takes an hour to complete. It’s located within Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4236 0469
- 345 Minnamurra Falls Road, Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass