Pot Holes walking track
Meroo National Park
Pot Holes walking track is a short walk with outstanding scenic views and a lovely place to picnic, making it great for a day trip from Ulladulla or Batemans Bay.
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching
Pot Holes walking track is a short walk with no signage through stunted heathland to unspoilt coastline. With scenic views and picturesque places to picnic along the way, it makes for a great day trip from Ulladulla or Batemans Bay .
It’s a popular walk amongst the locals heading out for an early morning walk and those on their way to go surfing at Pot Holes Beach. Bring your fishing gear and see what you can catch, or enjoy swimming and whale watching at this magical spot.
It’s a beautiful place all year round, but in spring the heathland bursts with the brilliant colours of the wildflowers such as common fringe lily, orchids and grevillea. Winter is also a great time to visit when the banksias are in flower, attracting birds like honeyeaters, so there are plenty of birdwatching opportunities. Keep a lookout because if you are lucky, you may even get a chance to experience some spectacular whale watching.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Meroo National Park in the South Coast region
Meroo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.