Pot Holes Beach
Meroo National Park
Get off the beaten track and discover this secluded beach where you can enjoy swimming, surfing, snorkelling, body boarding, fishing, birdwatching and picnicking.
- Meroo National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching or whale watching.
Get off the beaten track and discover this small pebbly beach tucked away in the bush. It’s a popular surfing spot amongst the locals, and you can see why when you are sitting out on the water looking back at unspoilt, natural beauty.
Join the locals and enjoy surfing, body boarding, swimming and snorkelling in the crystal clear waves. Bring your fishing gear and see what you can catch from the beach. Pack a picnic, bring a good book and spend the afternoon lazing about on the beach listening to the sounds of the waves crashing before you.
But if you want to explore more, why not follow the Pot Holes walking track to Dolphin Point, then head back for a refreshing swim. In spring, you’ll see wildflowers dotting the heathland and woodland with colour. And for anyone interested in birdwatching, you’re also bound to see plenty of birdlife along the way.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Meroo National Park in the South Coast region
Meroo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (52)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (31)
- Canoeing/paddling (11)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (12)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (14)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (26)
- Snorkelling and scuba (6)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (16)
- Walking (26)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (7)