Port Macquarie coastal walk
Sea Acres National Park
You'll pass historic sites, stunning coastal scenery, beaches, and rainforest along the Port Macquarie coastal walk. It can be enjoyed as a full day walk or broken up into several short walks.
- Sea Acres National Park
- 9km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The walk can be divided into four sections:
- Westport to Town Beach (2km)
- Town Beach to Flynns Beach (2.2km)
- Flynns Beach to Shelly Beach (2.2km)
- Shelly Beach to Tacking Point (2.7km)
You can access the 2.7 km long section of the coastal walk that goes through Sea Acres National Park via :
- Shelly Beach car park to the north, or
- Lighthouse Road to the south.
Please note that the Port Macquarie coastal walk does not connect to the Sea Acres Rainforest Boardwalk.
The south end of Port Macquarie coastal walk is one of the few places on the NSW coast where the forest meets the foam. Spot historical sites along the way while enjoying stunning seaside scenery.
You might spot a whale or two on their annual migration between May and November. Don't forget to record whale sightings at Wild About Whales.
Starting the walk at Town Beach, you'll wind around the coastline via Flagstaff, Rocky Beach lookout, and Nobby’s Beach. Get your camera out at Harry's lookout to capture views over to Sea Acres, before ending your walk at Tacking Point lighthouse.
You can break the walk up into shorter sections if you prefer, especially if you're walking with kids. There are lots of opportunities to cool off with a swim along the way or to have a barbecue. Shelley Beach is a favourite spot for both activities.
Take a virtual tour of Port Macquarie coastal walk captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6582 3355
- 159 Pacific Drive, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Sea Acres National Park in the North Coast region
Sea Acres National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.