Palms circuit track
Munmorah State Conservation Area
After a tasty picnic lunch, escape to the cool rainforest of the Palms circuit track for an short loop walk beneath a canopy of cabbage tree palms.
- Munmorah State Conservation Area
- 0.75km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Munmorah State Conservation Area is open between 5.30am and 9pm (daylight savings time) and 5.30 am to 6pm (other times)
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
Re-energise under a canopy of cabbage tree palms on this meandering, short loop through the rainforest of Munmorah.
You’ll feel revived in the cool forest air surrounded by lush vegetation with shafts of sunlight streaming through palm fronds to guide your way. This enchanting walk is a visual feast, and isn’t too challenging on the legs either. Look carefully and you may even spot some grey-headed flying foxes that feed in the cabbage tree palm forest during the summer.
Bring along supplies and take advantage of the tables at Palms picnic area, where the track begins and loops back to.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.Buy annual pass