Palms picnic area
Munmorah State Conservation Area
Hidden away in a grove of shady palms with free barbecues and picnic tables, Palms picnic area is a little haven you might want to keep under wraps.
- Picnic areas
- Munmorah State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Munmorah State Conservation Area is open between 5.30am and 9pm (daylight savings time) and 5.30am to 6pm (other times).
While away a couple of hours in this shady, secluded Munmorah haven. With cabbage tree palms enclosing the area, it’s a peaceful and intimate setting for a barbecue or picnic.
Before you settle in, or after you’ve lunched, why not explore the surrounding rainforest with an amble along the pretty Palms circuit track? The short loop walk starts and finishes right here at the picnic area.
Free gas barbecues and several picnic tables add to the appeal of this delightfully positioned picnic spot.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - please bring correct coins (cards accepted).Buy annual pass