Oaky Beach walking track
Murramarang National Park
Oaky Beach walking track is a short easy walk offering swimming and fishing on a remote beach in Murramarang National Park, just north of Batemans Bay.
- 2.4km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of water.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
- Strong rips may be present at Oaky Beach, so take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
A great off the beaten track hike, Oaky Beach walking track leads through gums and rainforest to a secluded beach in the southern area of Murramarang National park. Only a short drive north of Batemans Bay, near North Head campground, you could be forgiven for thinking you were miles from civilisation.
The track snakes through a stand of towering lilly pillies, which burst with edible pink berries in the warmer months. Crossing a grassy clearing and a stand of she-oaks, keep an eye out for swamp wallabies and lyrebirds. Passing through a swamp gully, you might hear the unmistakable call of the eastern whipbird before emerging at the beach.
If you’re lucky, it might just be you and the oystercatchers on the beach. Cool off with a swim, try a spot of fishing or simply unpack the picnic basket and sit back and enjoy the rugged beauty of the unspoilt coastline.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass