Applies from Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12.00pm. Last reviewed: Wed 7 Jun 2023, 1.59pm.
Closed areas: Kosciuszko National Park closed sites
A number of sites in Kosciuszko National Park are closed or may have other restrictions until further notice.
Post-winter closures due to wet weather trail conditions
The following roads and trails are closed until further notice:
- Geehi Dam/Olsens Road
- Grassy Flat Trail
Detour due to construction works
- Kings Cross Road and Tumut Ponds Fire Trail are accessible only via Snow Ridge Road near Cabramurra.
Some sections of Kosciuszko National Park which burnt during the 2019/2020 fires remain closed. These areas include:
- Wolgal and Pattinson's Huts
- Cabramurra township
Huts that burnt down in the 2020 fires
These locations remain is open but the following huts or buildings have been lost:
- Bradley/O'Briens Hut, Brooks Hut, 4 Mile Hut, Happy's Hut, Harvey's Hut, Linesman's No.3 Huts, Round Mountain Hut, Vickery's Hut and Dry Dam Ski Shelter.
- Warning: Please take care as there may be broken glass/nails that are uncovered since NPWS made records and cleaned up these sites. Please do not disturb the sites or remove artefacts.
Snowy 2.0 works affecting access to Tantangara Road and Tantangara Dam
- Access to the southern end of Tantangara Reservoir via Quarry trail is closed to the public.
- Access to the southern end boat ramp is open, but may be subject to short-term closures.
- Current boating and camping access to Tantangara Reservoir will still be available at access points on the northern end of the reservoir, via Port Phillip and Dam trails.
Do not enter closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.