Nichols Gorge walking track
High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Nichols Gorge walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
4 - 6hrs
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Nichols Gorge walking track is in the Blue Waterholes precinct of Kosciuszko National Park, 25km north-east of Snowy Mountains Highway via Long Plain Road and Blue Waterholes trail.
- There's no vehicle access to the trackhead of Nichols Gorge walking track in winter, and roads may close in extreme weather.
- Check the weather before you set out as Long Plain Road and Blue Waterholes trail can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available on Blue Waterholes trail, adjacent to the campground.
Maps and downloads
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter from June to October long weekends. This period may be extended so it’s a good idea to contact the Tumut Visitor Centre. Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
No park entry fees apply in the High Plains area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy a pass