Ngiyampaa walking track
Mount Grenfell Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Ngiyampaa walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
On entering Mount Grenfell Historic Site:
- From the picnic area, walk past the locked gate and continue up the road towards the hill.
- Look for a green sign showing the way to the walking track
- Follow the stone path to the art sites
- At art site 3, there is a sign directing you along Ngiyampaa walking track.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Ngiyampaa walking track can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at Ngiyambaa walking track, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is also available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Grenfell Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
White mallee flowers are blooming and birdwatching is at its best during this season.
This is ideal weather for hiking Ngiyambaa walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 33°C
5.5°C and 16.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Dubbo office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6841 7100
- 74 River Street, Dubbo, NSW 2830