Newnes Industrial Ruins walk
Wollemi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Newnes Industrial Ruins walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Newnes Industrial Ruins are in the Lithgow area of Wollemi National Park.
To get there from Lithgow:
- Follow the Great Western Highway west from Lithgow for 6.5km, then take the Castlereagh Highway exit towards Mudgee.
- At the village of Lidsdale, turn right onto Wolgan Road towards Wollemi National Park and Newnes.
- Newnes is around 34km from the Lidsdale turnoff.
- Cross the Wolgan River at the 4WD ford 100m north of the old Newnes Hotel, and turn left onto the gravel road.
- You’ll pass several camping sites on your left before reaching the Ruins carpark. The signposted track begins at the locked gate.
If walking to the ruins site:
- Cross the Wolgan River using the stepping stones, and follow the gravel road on the left around 1km to Newnes Ruins carpark, where the track begins.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at the ruins carpark or near the Wolgan River crossing and Newnes Hotel.
A non-flush toilet is located at the campground on the road to the ruins.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785