Neranie Headland walking track
Myall Lakes National Park
Neranie Headland walking track is an easy short walk through historic sites offering scenic views over Myall Lakes near Seal Rocks.
- 1.4km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of water.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
Neranie Headland walking track, near the eastern edge of Myall Lakes National Park, has breathtaking views over tree-lined waterways and wetlands teeming with wildlife. Starting in a clearing that was once a part of the historic Neranie timber mill village, the track leads past an old cemetery where you’ll find gravestones dating back to the nineteenth century.
Ascending the track to Neranie Headland, stop for a breather and take in the beauty of Myall Lakes fringed with swamp oak and paperbark. Birds flock to the wetlands and if you time your visit well, the chorus of the feisty friar birds and rainbow lorikeets will be almost deafening. Passing through a stand of towering black butt near the end of the track, finish off your adventure at nearby Hearts Point picnic area.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass