Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about National Pass.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
National Pass starts from Wentworth Falls, in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. You can start this walk from Wentworth Falls picnic area or Conservation Hut. To get there:
- Take Great Western Highway to Wentworth Falls
- Turn at the lights on to Falls Road then follow the signs to Wentworth Falls picnic area or Conservation Hut carpark.
Parking is available at Conservation Hut. It can be busy on weekends and public holidays so parking may be limited.
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.