Murramarang Aboriginal Area walking track
Murramarang Aboriginal Area
All the practical information you need to know about Murramarang Aboriginal Area walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
To get to Murramarang Aboriginal Area walking track from Ulladulla:
- Follow Princes Highway south to Termeil
- Turn left onto Bawley Point Road and drive to its end
- Turn right into Murramarang Road
- About 2.5km down the road, you’ll come to Sand Mines carpark on the left.
- Leave the car behind and walk along the sand track towards the coast, where you’ll find the start of Murramarang Aboriginal Area walk.
Park entry points
- Sand Mines carpark See on map
Parking is available at Sand Mines carpark, a short walk from the beginning of the walk.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you at Murramarang Aboriginal Area. Here are some of the highlights.
The coastal vegetation comes to life when the wildflowers bloom, and the temperature is perfect for taking the Murramarang Aboriginal Area walk.
It's a great time for enjoying the sea, so take a dip in the ocean, snorkel off the rocks, or bring your board to catch a wave.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539