Murramarang Aboriginal Area walking track
Murramarang Aboriginal Area
Murramarang Aboriginal Area walking track is a 2.2km loop track that passes middens and other sites of great Aboriginal cultural and historic significance.
- Murramarang Aboriginal Area
- 2.2km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Please leave Aboriginal artefacts undisturbed – you will be helping to preserve them.
- This section of the coast is part of Batemans Marine Park.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
Give yourself a couple of hours to immerse yourself in the surroundings on the 2.2km Murramarang Aboriginal Area walking track along the coastline. Interpretive signs offer insight into some of the most culturally significant Aboriginal sites along the track. The beginning of the walk is along a sand track from the carpark, and the undeveloped location is very evocative, making it easier to imagine how the landscape would have looked thousands of years ago when large numbers of Aboriginal people lived here.
As well as the cultural significance, the walk offers incredible coastal views, including clear views to Brush Island . You might see kangaroos grazing on the grassland or sea eagles soaring overhead as you’re ambling along. Don’t forget your swimmers either – when the weather is warm, you’ll definitely want to go for a splash in the waves.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang Aboriginal Area in the South Coast region
Murramarang Aboriginal Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.