Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mountaineer-Glowang trail.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
12hrs - 1 day
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mountaineer-Glowang trail starts at Wangat Road in Chichester State Forest on the south-eastern border of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- Take Chichester Dam Road north of Dungog for approximately 20km
- Turn right into Wangat Road and drive to the end of the road for approximately 20km
Alternatively, if starting from Gloucester Tops picnic area:
- From Bucketts Way, between Gloucester and Stroud.
- Turn into Gloucester Tops Road and continue to Gloucester River
- Continue past the river for approximately 40 minutes
- Take the left fork to Gloucester Tops picnic area
Park entry points
Parking is available at either end of the walk, on Wangat Road and at Gloucester Tops picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Gloucester Falls picnic area
Maps and downloads
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422