Mountain Brush circuit
Tapin Tops National Park
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
This easy walk through the rainforest is a treat for birdwatchers and botanists alike with its lively array of interesting plants, birds and wildlife
- Tapin Tops National Park
- 0.3km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- Opening times
Tapin Tops National Park is always open but is closed on Christmas Day.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
While you’re in Tapin Tops, be sure to make the time to head out along the easy, but rewarding, Mountain Brush circuit. This short, 15-minute stroll through the rainforest will more than reward your efforts with its diverse range of rainforest species, plant and birdlife galore.
Along the way, you may spot brush turkeys pecking on the path for food, as well as regent bowerbirds and green catbirds hovering in the treetops. Not to mention the diverse botanical habitats here, which encompass red cedars and coachwoods, brushbox, corkwood and yellow carabeen.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430
- in Tapin Tops National Park in the North Coast region
Tapin Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.