Mount Towac walk
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
This short walk will take you to Towac Peak where you can enjoy panoramic views of Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area and the scenic countryside of Orange.
- Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
- 1.7km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 27min
- Grade 3
- Please note
- This walk starts about 100m along Gum Ridge fire trail, look for the Mount Towac walk sign.
- Remember to check the weather before you set out on Mount Towac walk as the weather can change quickly at this height. Ensure you're well-prepared and bring appropriate clothing.
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of drinking water.
Mount Towac walk takes you on a short trek to Towac Peak, where you’ll enjoy a panoramic view of Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area and the surrounding countryside.
Gentle breezes caress the old eucalypts which dwarf you along the path and the rare lichen clinging to the volcanic rock makes this walk a charming one. The absence of facilities along the way will make you feel as though you’re the first person to walk along this delightful track.
This short walk starts from the Gum Ridge fire trail. A little further along Towac Road, you'll find Towac picnic area; a simple and pleasant place to spread out a picnic rug if you have time.
Towac picnic area is in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area, near Mount Towac walk. It’s a lovely spot for a picnic when you’re visiting Orange. Bring lunch to enjoy before a walk up Mount Towac.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.