Towac picnic area
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
Towac picnic area is in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area, near Mount Towac walk. It’s a lovely spot for a picnic when you’re visiting Orange. Bring lunch to enjoy before a walk up Mount Towac.
Towac picnic area is the perfect place to relax and unwind when you’re exploring this park. You’ll have great views of Mount Towac, its summit and the valley towards Spring Creek, Orange and Mullions Range.
It's worth doing the short Mount Towac walk nearby. It’s 1.7km (return) and takes you Towac Peak, where you’ll enjoy panoramic 360-degree views of the park and its surrounds.
Mount Towac walk
This short walk will take you to Towac Peak where you can enjoy panoramic views of Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area and the scenic countryside of Orange.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (44)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (22)
- Other experiences (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (10)
- Show cave tours (1)
- Sightseeing (18)
- Swimming (2)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (19)
- Waterfalls (5)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (11)