Mount Talowla walking track
Toorale State Conservation Area
Enjoy sweeping views from the top of Mount Talowla, on this short yet invigorating 1hr return walk near Bourke.
Rising 134m above sea level, this 2.6km walk will take you across the plateau, revealing sweeping 360-degree views over Toorale State Conservation Area and beyond.
You'll see across the broad expanse of land, from the Dunlop Ranges in the south, through to Mount Gunderbooka. The views extend across the Warrego and seemingly never-ending Darling floodplains.
If you're keen to embark on a walk at sunset or dawn from Mount Talowla lookout, you’ll be rewarded with a magical experience taking in captivating views across vast outback landscape.
Mount Talowla lookout
For vast floodplain views to Mount Gunderbooka, check out Mount Talowla lookout, also known as Withawitha Iaana, in Toorale State Conservation Area, near Bourke.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bourke office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6830 0200
- 51-53 Oxley Street, Bourke NSW 2840
- in Toorale State Conservation Area in the Outback NSW region
Things to do (22)
- Aboriginal culture (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Walking (10)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)