Mount Solitary walking track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Solitary walking track.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
No directional signage
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Very experienced bushwalkers
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mount Solitary walking track is in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there by car:
- Drive west from Sydney on Great Western Highway to Katoomba
- Turn into Katoomba Road and follow signs to Cliff Drive
- Park at Katoomba Kiosk overnight, located near Katoomba Oval on Cliff Drive.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Free parking is available near Katoomba Kiosk and Katoomba Oval, on Cliff Drive.
If using a two cars you can park the second car at Kedumba Valley gate on Kedumba Valley Road.
By public transport
Catch the train to Katoomba. From here you can walk to Furber Steps near Katoomba Kiosk and Scenic World, or take the local hop-on hop-off tourist bus down to Katoomba Kiosk on Cliff Drive.
Most facilities are available in Katoomba, Leura, and Wentworth Falls, including accommodation.
Toilets only available at Ruined Castle.
- Non-flush toilets
Picnic facilities only available at Ruined Castle.
Overnight parking available at Katoomba Kiosk car parking area, next to Katoomba oval.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785