Mount Bushwalker walking track
Morton National Park
What are you waiting for? With its unbeatable scenic views, the Mount Bushwalker day walk is a must for hikers and photographers.
- Morton National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- 7km return
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 4hrs
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Fitzroy Falls and in the Bundanoon area of the park
- Opening times
The Mount Bushwalker walking track is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- If you're bushwalking in this park, it's a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The Budawangs is a declared wilderness area. To protect the environment there are some restrictions on group sizes, firewood use and camping locations, including camping in rock overhangs. Please read the Guidelines for walking in the Budawang Wilderness.
Hike through the rugged Budawang Ranges and experience some of the state’s most glorious bushland views on the Mount Bushwalker track.
The track begins approximately 6km north of Pointer lookout in Morton National Park on the far south coast of NSW. While its remote location makes it best suited to more experienced walkers, most agree the track’s flat plateau is easy enough to walk. You’ll soon forget the leg strain at any rate as the unobstructed views are enough to take your breath away.
The only way to do the vista justice is to see it for yourself. Gaze in awe at the mountainous backdrop, including the Castle and the unbelievable Shrouded Gods, and be amazed by the sight down to the Clyde Gorge below.
Stop for photo opportunities beneath the prolific eucalypts and pinch yourself to prove your surroundings are real. This is definitely a walk you’ll be recommending to others.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass