Moonee Beach trail
Munmorah State Conservation Area
This delightful walk through scenic coastal heath leads to the white sands of Moonee beach where you can relax, swim or fish before heading back along the walk.
- 4km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 2
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Munmorah State Conservation Area is open between 5.30am and 9pm (daylight savings time) and 5.30am to 6pm (other times)
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Dotted with grass trees and with myriad birds winging across your path, this walk through coastal heathland is a delight.
The paths are wide and offer sweeping views over Timber Beach, Ghosties Beach and Moonee Beach – bring the camera for some picture-perfect shots. In late winter and early spring, you’ll also witness a blaze of colour as wildflowers bloom across the heath.
The real highlight of this walk reveals itself as you descend onto spectacular Moonee Beach. You’ll feel far from the madding crowds on this private sandy shoreline. Spend the day swimming or snorkelling in the turquoise water and don’t forget to explore the protected rockpool area.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins.Buy annual pass
Things to do (16)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (1)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (5)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (4)
- Walking (6)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)