Meroo Head lookout walking track
Meroo National Park
You can’t miss the spectacular coastal views from Meroo Head lookout walking track. It’s an easy walking track and a great place for birdwatching and whale watching.
- Meroo National Park in South Coast
- 0.8km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 2
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching.
Even if you are only visiting Meroo National Park for a few hours, you can’t miss the spectacular coastal views from Meroo Head lookout walking track. It’s a lovely short walk through tall forest to the northern edge of the headland, then you’ll emerge to panoramic views of uninterrupted coastline.
Stretching out into the distance, you’ll see dazzling coastal waters and unspoilt wilderness. Take a moment to take it all in and take advantage of the excellent birdwatching from this magnificent spot.
If you have time, follow the track around the headland back to the carpark or head down to Meroo Beach. For the energetic, why not continue along the Nuggan Point walking track for more dramatic coastal views and another great vantage point for whale watching.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Meroo National Park in the South Coast region
Meroo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.