Nuggan Point walking track
Meroo National Park
Go walking or mountain biking on this easy trail. Enjoy breathtaking coastal views, fishing, whale watching and birdwatching at Nuggan Point, then stop at Meroo Beach for a swim.
- 2.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
This walking track takes you through coastal dune forest, past coastal lakes and along sandy beaches to see spectacular coastal views at Nuggan Point.
Catch glimpses through the trees to the tranquillity of Willinga and Meroo Lakes, where bangalay-banksia forest gives way to swamp forest, sedgeland and wet heath. Walk along Meroo Beach and search for interesting shells, enjoy swimming in the glistening waters or go whale watching.
If you like fishing, why not pack your gear and settle in for a few hours of great fishing at Nuggan Point. It’s also a lovely place to picnic, with plenty of birdwatching opportunities, like sea eagles flying overhead and the superb blue wren darting about in the bushes.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Meroo National Park in the South Coast region
Meroo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.