William Howe Regional Park
Take your children and dogs out for a walk along the Loop trail in William Howe Regional Park. Stop at the lookout for scenic views and pack a picnic to enjoy.
- William Howe Regional Park
- 2.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 5
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
The Loop trail takes you on a varied and pretty stroll on a loop walk around William Howe Regional Park. You’ll see farmlands spreading across the Razorback Mountains and to the Blue Mountains escarpment in the distance and up on the hill you’ll pass Turkeys Nest lookout and picnic area, the highest point on the track and a great place to stop for a break or a picnic lunch.
From here, the walk heads into the trees, where you’ll forget how close you are to the suburbs as you lose yourself for a little while in nature. The Loop trail is a great walk for children, plus the park is dog-friendly, so you’re welcome to bring your dogs along, provided they’re on a leash.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4572 3100
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in William Howe Regional Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
William Howe Regional Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.