Little Forest walking track
Morton National Park
Little Forest walking track in Morton National Park is a very short, easy walking track with great opportunities for birdwatching and learning about local wildlife.
- Morton National Park
- 1.5km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Little Forest walking track can become boggy when it rains
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
Little Forest walking track in Morton National Park is an easy walk featuring lovely bush scenery and opportunities for birdwatching. Along the way, interpretative signs will help you learn more about local bird and wildlife.
The walk begins at a small carpark off Dam Road and continues on to Rusden, or Florence Head walking tracks, through a variety of vegetation types, including mallee gum trees, heath plants and sedges. Keep your eyes out along the way for local kangaroos, wallabies and an array of bird life, such as honeyeaters, wrens and colourful parrots.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass