Lagoon Circuit walking track
Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve
Easily accessible by driving from Glen Innes and Armidale, Lagoon Circuit walking track is an easy 4.8km walk, offering scenic views and excellent birdwatching along the way.
- Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve
- 4.8km loop
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
Lagoon Circuit walking track is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the serenity of this pristine lagoon and surrounding wetlands. It’s an easy 4.8km walk, offering scenic views across the water from every vantage point. As one of the few remaining Ramsar-listed wetland areas in the New England Tablelands region, there’s also excellent birdwatching along the way.
Start at Little Llangothlin picnic area and follow your way around the lagoon on a well-marked walking track. Stop to admire the view and watch the sunlight glistening on the water. Then see how many different bird species you can spot.
With over 100 different bird species found here, there are plenty of birdwatching opportunities. You’ll see black swans and nomadic pelicans in the distance and may even see majestic raptors, such as brown falcons or the white-breasted sea eagle flying overhead. With a bit of luck, you might also catch a glimpse of rare species like the comb-crested jacana and blue-billed duck.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region
Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.