Little Llangothlin picnic area
Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve
Little Llangothlin picnic area is an ideal place for a leisurely picnic and makes for a perfect day trip from Glen Innes or Armidale.
- Picnic areas
- Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Set on the edge of Little Llangothlin Lagoon, Little Llangothlin picnic area is an ideal place for a leisurely picnic and makes for a perfect day trip from Glen Innes or Armidale.
As one of the few remaining Ramsar-listed wetland areas in the New England Tablelands region, the birdwatching opportunities are endless. There are over 100 bird species found here, so there’s plenty to see. You’ll most likely see black swans and nomadic pelicans in the distance and and with a bit of luck you’ll catch a glimpse of rare species like the comb-crested jacana and blue-billed duck.
If you’re car touring through the region, stop off for a relaxing cuppa looking out over the sparkling waters. Pack a picnic or bring food to cook on one of the wood barbecues provided and make a day of it. Take a short walk to the lagoon edge and enjoy expansive views across the lagoon and the multitude of waterbird species on the lake. The 4.8km Lagoon Circuit walking track around the lagoon is also a great way to unwind and see the scenic views across the water from every vantage point.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region
Little Llangothlin Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.