Jerusalem Creek trail
Barrington Tops National Park
A medium walking track, Jerusalem Creek trail in World Heritage rainforest offers lookouts, waterfalls, and birdwatching at Barrington Tops National Park, near Dungog.
- Barrington Tops National Park
- 2km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Take care in the water and please supervise children at all times
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Jerusalem Creek trail can become boggy when it rains
- Leeches of the wet forests are generally harmless, however during wet weather, please keep ankles and legs covered.
- Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Jerusalem Creek picnic area
For a revitalising walk through one of the largest sections of protected temperate and subtropical rainforest in Australia, try Jerusalem Creek trail World Heritage-listed Barrington Tops National Park, near Dungog. A medium track passing waterfalls and creeks, it’s a perfect nature break and excellent for birdwatching.
From Jerusalem Creek picnic area, head downhill through subtropical rainforest of towering tallowwoods and majestic Sydney blue gums. Listen out for the piping whistle of the eastern yellow robin and the call of the wompoo fruit-dove echoing through the canopy.
At picturesque Jerusalem Creek Falls, enjoy the scenic views from the lookout before retracing your steps or walking back via the road. Round off your walk with a hearty barbecue lunch on the shady tables at the picnic area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.