Grove Creek Falls walking track
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Grove Creek Falls walking track.
Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
On entering Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve:
- Follow Cave Road until you get to the visitor centre, where you can pick up a map local map.
- Follow the creek south of the visitor centre to where the Grove Creek Falls walking track begins
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Grove Creek Falls walking track can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at Grove Creek Falls walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the cosy rooms and open fireplace at Arch Cottage and breathe in the crisp autumn air.
Pack a picnic and head off on Grove Creek Falls walking track for a relaxing lunch with spectacular views of the waterfalls.
Step out of your tent and go for a refreshing swim in the pools of Grove Creek, then discover the natural wonders underground on a cave tour.
Explore the historic mining site at Mount Gray by day, then get cosy by the campfire at night.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
8°C and 27°C
-0.1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking water
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Abercrombie Caves office
- Thursday to Monday, 9am to 4.30pm. During NSW school holidays, 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6368 8603
- 272 Caves Road, Abercrombie River 2795