Grove Creek Falls walking track
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
Grove Creek Falls is a must-see for visitors to the Abercrombie Caves area. This walking track offers magnificent waterfalls, bushwalking, fishing and picnicking.
- Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
- 6km return
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- There is no mobile reception in this park, but a public phone is available at the visitor centre.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
This walking track takes you through bushland alongside the picturesque Grove Creek, and finishes with dramatic views of the Grove Creek Falls.
Stand at the lookout and watch the tranquil waters of the Grove Creek tumble over a sheer cliff and fall some 70 metres to the rocks below. For day-trippers or those with limited time, you can also reach the falls by road. Pack a picnic and thermos and enjoy a tasty sandwich and hot cuppa as you admire the magnificent waterfalls.
Stroll back along the creek and enjoy birdwatching along the way. You’re bound to see plenty of colourful parrots and rosellas as you wander back to the visitor centre.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Abercrombie Caves office
- Thursday to Monday, 9am to 4.30pm. During NSW school holidays, 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6368 8603
- Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve, Trunkey Creek NSW 2795
- in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve and caves are open Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). The reserve and caves area open daily during NSW school holidays. Closed Christmas Day.