Great North walk – Palm Grove Nature Reserve
Palm Grove Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Great North walk – Palm Grove Nature Reserve.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Great North walk - Palm Grove Nature Reserve is in Palm Grove Nature Reserve. To get there:
- From the F3 Freeway, take the Peats Ridge Road exit.
- Take the first right into Wisemans Ferry Road
- Turn right onto Dog Trap Road and then turn left onto Kilkenny Road
- Follow to the entrance of Palm Grove Nature Reserve
Alternatively, if beginning from Ourimbah Creek Road:
- From the F3 Freeway, take the Pacific Highway exit for Ourimbah.
- Head south along Pacific Highway
- Take the first right into Ourimbah Creek Road and continue for approximately 9.5km
Parking is available at end of Kilkenny Road and Ourimbah Creek Road.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Palm Grove Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Rug up and enjoy a crisp autumn picnic amongst moss-covered sandstone cliffs and fern-filled rainforests.
Visit the reserve to view gorgeous spring blooms, including a variety of native orchids, creamy white angophora flowers and the white blooms of the turpentines.
Enjoy an escape from the heat by taking a leisurely bushwalk through cool, moist rainforest.
Cool, but fine winter days are a great time to explore the more challenging terrain of Great North walk.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 27°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You'll need to bring your own drinking water.
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Palm Grove Nature Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Palm Grove Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.