Grass Tree walking track
Coolah Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Grass Tree walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Grass Tree walking track is in the western part of Coolah Tops National Park.
To get there from Coolah:
- Drive east on sealed Coolah Creek Road for almost 19km.
- Turn right onto unsealed State Forest Road and drive almost 11km to the park entrance.
- Continue straight onto The Forest Road and drive for about 3.5km.
- Turn left turn onto The Pinnacle Road and drive for 1km.
- Turn right into the Barracks campground and park there.
The walking track starts at The Barracks campground.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at The Barracks campground.
There are no bins so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camping is not permitted on Grass tree walking track.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828