Govetts Leap descent
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Govetts Leap descent.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Govetts Leap descent starts at Govetts Leap lookout in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Great Western Highway at Blackheath traffic lights on to Govetts Leap Road.
- Drive for 2.5km. After passing through the park entrance, follow the signs to Govetts Leap lookout.
There's a car park at Govetts Leap lookout, but it can be a busy place on weekends and parking might be limited. You can also park at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, only 500m from Govetts Leap lookout.
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.