Golden Stairs walking track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Golden Stairs walking track.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Golden Stairs walking track is in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park.
To get there:
- From Cliff Drive in Katoomba, turn south on to Glenraphael Drive (also known as Narrow Neck Plateau Trail).
- Follow the unsealed road for approximately 1.8 km.
- Golden Stairs track head and carpark will be on your left.
Road condition can be heavily corrugated between road maintenance cycles.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- This carpark can be very popular so parking can be limited.
- The carpark surface is unsealed and uneven.
Visit Transport for NSW for cycling and bike transport information.
By public transport
- Regular trains run from Sydney Central Station to Katoomba. Visit Transport for NSW to plan your trip.
- Daily buses run between Katoomba and Blackheath, including wheelchair-accessible services.
- Visit the Blue Mountains transit website for information
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.