Golden Stairs walking track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Golden Stairs walking track.
Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Golden Stairs walking track is in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park.
To get there:
- From Cliff Drive in Katoomba, turn south on to Glenraphael Drive (also known as Narrow Neck Plateau Trail).
- Follow the unsealed road for approximately 1.8 km.
- Golden Stairs track head and carpark will be on your left.
Road condition can be heavily corrugated between road maintenance cycles.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- This carpark can be very popular so parking can be limited.
- The carpark surface is unsealed and uneven.
Visit Transport for NSW for cycling and bike transport information.
By public transport
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785