Forest walking track
Crowdy Bay National Park
Forest walking track offers a scenic stroll through lush rainforest, woodlands and native grassland in Crowdy Bay National Park.
- Crowdy Bay National Park
- 1.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and take plenty of water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Toilets and picnic facilities are located at both Indian Head and Diamond Head campgrounds
Forest walking track explores the lush rainforest, woods and native grasses of Crowdy Bay National Park. This short track, on the western side of Indian Head, will delight all ages and shows why this coastal park is so special.
You’ll pass through lush rainforest with glossy ferns. Listen for the distinct call of the green catbird and you might glimpse a bower bird among the foliage. Towering turpentines give way to she-oaks and three different types of banksias.
Winding down towards the creek, the path opens up to grasslands, including delicate ground orchids and rare kangaroo grass. In summer, gorgeous Christmas bells and wildflowers pop up through the dunes.
Take a virtual tour of Forest walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Pay park entry fees at the Diamond Head campground onsite office.Buy annual pass