Devils Hole lookout walk and picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Devils Hole lookout walk and picnic area.
Features of this track
6 - 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Devils Hole lookout walk and picnic area is in the Polblue and Devils Hole precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- After passing Thunderbolts lookout, the walk starts on the left opposite Devils Hole campground.
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right on to Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The picnic area is on the right, 7.5km past Polblue.
Parking is available at Devils Hole lookout walk and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
There are concrete paths throughout this area. The toilet is wheelchair accessible and has a handrail. The path to the lookout is easily accessible and has wider sections for passing. At the lookout, the handrail is designed so wheelchair users can easily see the view.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422