Dark Beach walking track
Murramarang National Park
Dark Beach walking track leads to a secluded beach with unique rock formations in Murramarang National Park. Ideal for fishing, swimming and snorkelling.
- Murramarang National Park in South Coast
- 0.5km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching.
Enjoy a relaxing day away on this remote beach in Murramarang National Park, on the South Coast. Dark Beach walking track leads through spotted gum forest to a unique cove where adventurous holiday-makers will enjoy swimming, fishing and exploring the unique rock shelves.
Along Dark Beach walking track you’ll see unique rock formations and a band of volcanic rock, with white sand on one side and black sand on the other. Look for fossils in the rocks, enjoy a quiet beach picnic or cool off with a dip in the crystal clear waters.
If you prefer a more active holiday bring your gear for fishing, surfing and snorkelling, or continue along Murramarang coastal walk. You might see dolphins frolicking amongst the waves or whales during their annual migration.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (30)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Sightseeing (16)
- Snorkelling and scuba (6)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (12)
- Walking (21)
- Waterfalls (1)