Cullendulla Beach track
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Cullendulla Beach track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cullendulla Beach is in the western precinct of Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve. To get there from Batemans Bay:
- Follow the Princes Highway to North Batemans Bay and Surfside, turning right onto Peninsula Drive.
- Turn into McLeod Street, Timbara Crescent, then Myamba Parade.
- A carpark is available off Myamba Parade, adjacent to Surfside Beach. The walk starts from here: follow a short boardwalk to Cullendulla Beach.
Parking is available at a public carpark off Myamba Parade, Surfside.
Best times to visit
Migratory birds arrive from Russia, Asia, northeast China, and Europe for the warmer months, foraging on the sand flats where you can see them from Cullendulla Beach.
Break out the canoe or kayak and beat the summer heat with a refreshing paddle up Cullendulla Creek.
Make the short hike to Square Head to do the Mangrove walk, watching how the landscape changes in high and low tide.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15.5°C and 23.5°C
6.5°C and 17.2°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- A flat boardwalk winds from the carpark to Cullendulla Beach for almost 1km. The boardwalk consists of open timber slats on the sandy ground.
- Some assistance may be required for wheelchairs, prams, and visitors with limited mobility along the boardwalk, and on the short grass area between the carpark and start of the walk.
- It's possible to continue along the beach to connect with Mangrove walk loop. While a boardwalk section of Mangrove walk is wheelchair-accessible, parts of the track are sand or rough dirt track with many tree roots, making wheelchair access hard.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539