Cullendulla Beach track
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
A secluded stretch of sand in the protected waters of Batemans Bay, Cullendulla Beach offers terrific swimming, birding and a great place to launch a canoe up the creek.
- Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
- 2km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Shore birds are best seen on low tide. It’s a good idea to check the tides charts beforehand.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Recreational fishing is allowed in the bay. However, Cullendulla Creek is a sanctuary zone, so it’s a good idea to check the recreational fishing maps for permitted activities.
Just an easy walk along a beautiful boardwalk, Cullendulla Beach has pride of place in the nature reserve, right at the mouth of the creek where it enters the bay. Superb views to Snapper Island and the Tollgate Islands are paired with plenty of things to do, including picnicking.
In low tide, this is a great spot for birding, with local and migratory species such as curlews and oystercatchers feeding on the sandy flats near the beach. Sometimes large flocks of swans collect nearby, offering dramatic displays when they take off or land on the bay. Though unpatrolled, the water’s relative calmness means Cullendulla Beach also offers an opportunity to swim. Or for something a little more adventurous, drag out the canoe and drift up the creek for a leisurely afternoon.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve in the South Coast region
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.