Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
An easy walk offering great birdwatching opportunities, Mangrove walk is partly along an elevated boardwalk, giving an insight into the unusual dune formations.
- 1km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Drinking water is not available in this area
- Shore birds are best seen on low tide, so check the tides charts beforehand.
Right beside Cullendulla Beach, the Mangrove walk is the only one of its kind in the entire area. Raised boardwalks thread through the marine park sanctuary zone of Cullendulla Creek.
At low tide, Australian white ibises forage in the sand here, while large groups of solider crabs march back and forth. The track also passes swamp oak forest, an endangered ecological community. Bring some binoculars and take advantage of the bench seats along the way for a round of birdwatching.
Signs along the walk help you get the most out of any visit, highlighting features like the unusual dune formations called ‘cheniers.’ These scenic ridges contain a staggering 7000 years of shoreline changes stored in their sand.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve in the South Coast region
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (22)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Beach (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Fishing (4)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Sightseeing (11)
- Snorkelling and scuba (3)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (8)
- Walking (16)
- Waterfalls (1)