Crowdy Gap walking track
Crowdy Bay National Park
The short and sweet Crowdy Gap walking track in Crowdy Bay National Park, near Taree, offers a stroll through rainforest with scenic views and the chance to see koalas.
- Crowdy Bay National Park
- 0.8km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
- Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Crowdy Gap campground
- Picnic facilities are also situated at Abbey Creek picnic area
This beautiful short walk through coastal rainforest links Crowdy Gap campground to Crowdy Beach, just north of Taree. Located in the southern area of Crowdy Bay National Park, Crowdy Gap walking track is an ideal nature trail for the kids, with great opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife-spotting.
Passing through rare coastal rainforest of turpentine and scentless rosewood, you might glimpse a regent bowerbird or a swift parrot. Remember to keep looking up in the branches of nearby gums, as you might just be lucky enough to see a koala.
There are sweeping views along the coast, with Diamond Head to the north. Don’t forget your swimmers as the clear blue waves will be very enticing on a hot summer’s day. While taking the hamper and heading up the beach to Abbey Creek picnic area, don’t forget to scan the horizon for signs of dolphins.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Pay park entry fees at the Diamond Head campground onsite office.Buy annual pass